The Babywearing Consultancy course is aimed at people who give (or would like to give) one-to-one advice to parents about choosing slings and baby carriers. It will qualify you to work as a Babywearing Consultant and you will be awarded a Level 3 qualification accredited by TQUK. The course includes the Practical Skills of Babywearing module, alongside the Principles of Babywearing and Anatomy, Physiology and Development for Babywearing. You’ll attend a workshop that usually runs over an evening and two days (unless you have not attended our Peer Support course first, in which case we’d recommend that you join the Peer Support course running on the first day) and complete your qualification through home study and coursework. The coursework includes some practice consultations to carry out and you will need access to a number of slings and carriers to complete these.
By the end of your training, you should be able to:
- Recognise the benefits of babywearing for babies/children and their parents
- Show an awareness of the links between babywearing and attachment/’in arms’ parenting
- Understand the needs of parents wishing to use a sling or baby carrier
- Show an awareness and understanding of the negative ways in which people may respond to a baby or child being carried in a sling
- Show an awareness of different ways of using a range of slings and baby carriers to meet individual needs
- Assess the benefits and potential disadvantages of different types of slings and baby carriers for specific parents’ needs
- Understand how slings should be worn safely and how the incorrect use of slings can affect the health and wellbeing of parent and baby/child
- Understand the effects of pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period on the pelvic floor, the spine and the abdominal ‘core’ muscles
- Understand the development of the baby’s hips and spine
- Show an awareness of the ways in which babies communicate with their parents
As a qualified Babywearing Consultant, you could earn a part-time income by offering individual consultations and running workshops for parents and professionals. As the School of Babywearing expands, we’ll be recruiting and training qualified Babywearing Consultants to act as tutors and assessors on our courses as well.
London BW Consultancy
28/04/2017 - 30/04/2017
London BW Consultancy
Manchester BW Consultancy
09/06/2017 - 11/06/2017
|Manchester BW Consultancy|
The course costs £400, although we do offer an Early Bird discount, as well as reductions if you’ve previously attended another course. Contact us for details. Fees may be paid in instalments and we offer concessionary places.