Design the first School of Babywearing teaching wrap
We are very excited to announce that Bebe Sachi will be making the first ever School of Babywearing wrap. Bebe Sachi is a Malaysian based social enterprise which produces hand loomed woven wraps in Bangladesh that help to support the local economy and works with local artisans to produce beautiful wraps. Bebe Sachi started this project with the aim to build a community of people who share our passion for sustainability, preserving cultural craftmanship and art forms, and giving weavers the dignity of work. Read more about the enterprise here.
We’d like you to help us design the wrap, which we’ll use in our training courses (and which will be available to all trainee & qualified School of Babywearing Consultants. The design can be as imaginative as you like as long as it fits these criteria:
- The wrap length will be 4.6m
- The wrap should include a way of distinguishing between the rails
- The width of the wrap should be divided into three in some manner, to make it easy to use as a teaching wrap.
The competition rules are as follows:
- Only two designs may be submitted per person. They should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Babywearing UK, 16 Pelham Way, Cottenham, Cambridge, CB24 8TQ by the 15th of October 2013.
- All designs will become the property of Babywearing UK once submitted.
- The initial short list of designs will be selected by the Directors of Babywearing UK. The short list will then be shared via the School of Babywearing website and social media for public vote. Because we need to check out designs with the Bebe Sachi weaving team, the final decision will rest with the judging panel (Babywearing UK Directors and a representative of Bebe Sachi).
- Entrants may encourage people to vote in the competition but should not encourage people to vote for a particular design.
- The winner will receive two woven wraps in their design and will be credited as the designer of the wrap.
Do contact us with any questions about the competition or ask on our Facebook page.