Venue is to be confirmed and will be in Aarhus, Denmark. Please note that course times are:
Friday: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Saturday: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Sunday: 9.30am – 4.30pm
NB – this price is based on 6 people attending. If more attend, price will reduce & we’ll send a partial refund to anyone who has already paid in full. The instalment payments have been set up so the final payment will be set according to the final price.
The Babywearing Consultancy course is aimed at people with experience of babywearing and familiar with most types of slings and carriers, who give (or would like to give) one-to-one advice to parents about choosing slings and baby carriers. It will qualify you to work as a Babywearing Consultant and you will be awarded a Level 3 qualification accredited by TQUK. The course includes the Practical Skills of Babywearing module, alongside the Principles of Babywearing and Anatomy, Physiology and Development for Babywearing. You’ll attend a workshop that runs over three days and complete your qualification through home study and coursework. By the end of your training, you should be able to:
- Recognise the benefits of babywearing for babies/children and their parents
- Show an awareness of the links between babywearing and attachment/’in arms’ parenting
- Understand the needs of parents wishing to use a sling or baby carrier
- Show an awareness and understanding of the negative ways in which people may respond to a baby or child being carried in a sling
- Show an awareness of different ways of using a range of slings and baby carriers to meet individual needs
- Assess the benefits and potential disadvantages of different types of slings and baby carriers for specific parents’ needs
- Understand how slings should be worn safely and how the incorrect use of slings can affect the health and wellbeing of parent and baby/child
- Understand the effects of pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period on the pelvic floor, the spine and the abdominal ‘core’ muscles
- Understand the development of the baby’s hips and spine
- Show an awareness of the ways in which babies communicate with their parents
As a qualified Babywearing Consultant, you could earn a part-time income by offering individual consultations and running workshops for parents and professionals.
Victoria Ward is the tutor for this course. Read more about Victoria and our other tutors on our tutor page. You can contact Victoria on the day of the course on +44 7899700900.
For anyone who would like to pay locally or chat further to a local representative, please contact Kamilla by e-mail.
Please see the course location page for details of catering arrangements, parking and access. Before booking, please read our Booking Terms and Conditions, Refund Policy and Policy on Babies and Children Attending Courses (if you plan to bring a little one with you). Booking a place confirms that you have read and agreed to these policies.
If you’d like to attend this course on a different date or at another location, or would like to commission a course for a group of people, please see our Course Calendar or complete our Course Enquiries form.Date/Time
18/10/2019 - 20/10/2019